If you get into PPV traffic you need to understand that it involves daily campaign maintenance and a ton of work to get things right.
If you plan on buying traffic from places like LeadImpact.com, or TrafficVance.com just be warned that it can be a ton of hard work that might not be profitable without doing several tests and spending several hundred dollars.
3 Reasons Pay Per View Traffic Sucks
1. Campaigns are short lived – most ppv campaigns in my opinion are short lived and this is due to many factors but a couple important ones are:
- there are only so many people who have downloaded the “adware” that triggers your ads
- After a few months many people have already seen your ad and most of them get “blinded” by it and totally ignore it.
2. Huge Bidding Wars – If you find some nice pockets of traffic, eventually others are going to find it too. Many people people have software that can do their bidding for them on auto pilot so you constantly have to watch your campaigns and update bids.
3. Difficult to get low cost per click. – Many people think that because you are spending 0.01 cents per view that this is cheap but the fact is this is CPM traffic. You are actually paying $10 CPM and that’s a minimum! Nowadays you are probably going to be spending at least $15 to $20 per 1000 views. As you can see in my post about media buys there are a ton of places you can buy traffic for a fraction of that minimum cpm.
So now that you know a few issues surrounding this traffic source you know what to expect.
Don’t get me wrong, many people make a ton of money from PPV traffic you just need to know what works and study what others are doing to become successful. One of the best places to start is with the post I created on 4 PPV Tools that Will Almost Guarantee Profits.